This post is going to talk about the benefits of affiliate marketing: the easiest way to make passive income!
WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products or services.
If there is a product or service you use and love, you can promote it on your website or blog and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
This is a win-win-win on three levels:
• You earn a commission
• The company you promote receives a new sale
• The customer receives a product or service through a trusted referral
The best part about affiliate marketing is that it doesn’t require an investment of time and effort to create a product to sell. You can begin promoting something as an affiliate as soon as you have a platform to sell it on (like a blog or website!) and start earning income right away!
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Think of a product or service (specifically in your business’ industry or your blog’s niche) that has helped you out in some way.
- Go to that company’s website, and scroll all the way down to the footer.
- You should see a link somewhere in the footer saying “Affiliates” or “Affiliate Program.” Click on that link.
- Fill out their affiliate application form, read their terms and hit submit.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an email with an affiliate code, which you can use to place into your website or blog.
- Save this code somewhere you can easily access it, like a Google spreadsheet, Word Document or online Note Pad (you could create one file for all of your affiliate codes, if you sign up for more than one.)
THREE WAYS TO USE YOUR AFFILIATE CODE
1. Create a resource page on your website.
This page lists the products and services that you use and recommend to others who are in your industry, along with a brief description of each. It’s an easy way to help people find solutions through recommendations. Add your affiliate links to the ones that you can, and as long as you are getting traffic to your website, you’re probably also going to start seeing extra income directly deposited into your bank account!
2. Embed an affiliate link within a blog post
One of the best ways to drive traffic to an affiliate link and earn commission over and over again is by writing a blog post about a specific product or service. Specifically, a “how-to” blog post. If you can show people how to use a product or how to apply a technique, plus supply an affiliate link along with it, you’re probably going to make it rain, right into your bank account!
See this example of a “how-to” blog post that has personally made me some serious money since January 2015 (and continues to make me money to this day!)
3. Embed an affiliate link within a product
Create an electronic product, like an ebook, and enter affiliate links where you see fit. Recently, I was a contributor of a marketing ebook a client of mine put out. The ebook naturally contained links to various things that myself, as well as my client, recommended. Some of these links contained affiliate links, so when anyone clicks on those and makes a purchase, we also make a commission!
- Only promote products or services that you know well and that you use.
- Don’t promote crap products just to make some extra money. Respect your readers and promote only quality products, with good reputations, that they will find useful.
- Basic knowledge of SEO is highly recommended to help your content get found online. If you need help with this, contact me! The return on investment is worth it!
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE INCOME POSSIBILITIES OF ALL OF THIS?
Get yourself set up on some affiliate programs and get to work! It can really help you out, especially if you are just starting out and need some extra income to help pay your bills!
PS: I’ve been blogging since June of 2014 and have personally made over $100,000 (as of May 2017) in passive income since I started. My main source of passive income? AFFILIATE LINKS!
Seriously. Get on this train!
Do you use affiliate marketing in your business? Have you had any successes with it?